Tuesday, October 30, 2012

After the Hurricane

Hi everyone! Thank you to those of you who checked in with me to see that we were okay as Hurricane Sandy barreled through our area. It's so nice to know you were thinking of us!

Snuggling as we watched
Stephen King's CARRIE
during the storm!
Thankfully, we made it through the storm safe and sound. We amazingly never lost power, although the electricity flickered a lot last night. The winds were incredibly fierce--it was VERY scary!

We braided hair before our
hurricane sleepover in
the family room
We erred on the side of caution and all slept in the first floor family room together where we'd be safest in the house from falling trees, heaven forbid. I admit it was also kind of nice having a family bonding night, which doesn't happen often with two teenagers!

Please keep others who haven't fared as well as us in your thoughts. There's extensive damage to property due to downed trees and power lines and the damage from the tidal storm surges along the NJ coastline and the NYC Metro area is just devastating. So many people have a long road to recovery ahead of them.
We had a candlelight dinner tonight
even though we are fortunate to have power.

Hope you and your loved ones are safe as well. xo

8 comments:

  1. So glad to know you guys are all okay--have been wondering since yesterday.

    Stay safe, dry and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs*
    I'm glad to hear you're doing all right.
    I hope things start getting back to normal soon, though I agree with you, there is a lot to be done yet :D

    Stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is fine with you and yours, Christine - my thoughts and prayers are with those who have been hit hard, the devastation we're seeing on the TV is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear all is well with you. My parents and siblings are all without power still. It'll be a long process to recover. The damage is indescribable. Take care of yourselves and thanks for letting us know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear you and your family came out ok. I was very worried and had been thinking of you, but figured I wait a few days in case power was out in your area before I start frantically calling. Lol.

    It's nice you had a family night while a storm rages outside. Very plot worthy. :)

    Please keep us updated and of any local programs/charities we can contribute to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to know you and yours are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you and your family came through safely - the pictures coming through show some incredible devastation.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you didn't lose power or suffer too much damage, Christine!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]