Thursday, November 29, 2012

In Death Series Reading Challenge: November 2012

Interested in joining the Challenge? Anyone is welcome to join in at any time of the year at wherever in the series you currently are. See the sign up post HERE and join the fun!

Did you read any In Death series books this month?

I started reading Promises In Death very early in the month and was LOVING it. It's the one in which one of the NYPSD's own female detectives is murdered in the basement of her apartment building, likely by someone she knows. She also happens to be a recent serious love interest of one of the long term characters on Eve's team. So there's a strong personal component to this one, which is making the mystery shrouding her murder even more compelling. I put it down only because I had some other books that I really wanted to read to fulfill book clubs, read alongs on reading challenges, but hope to pick it back up in December!

CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS: Link up any In Death posts you made this month here. If you made a post on your blog, whether it be a review or commentary, please grab the link to your post and leave it in the comments below so we can find each other's latest In Death posts easily. You can also just use the link to your goodreads or other virtual bookshelf as well.

BOOK REVIEW:
None this month.

SERIES DISCUSSION:

The five most popular genre shelf labels for the In Death series on goodreads are mystery, romance, crime, suspense and romantic suspense. I've often been conflicted about under what genre this series falls. Originally thinking it was romantic suspense, I've finally decided on crime fiction. Mystery would work, too, since each book focuses on a murder mystery, but I think crime fiction is more indicative of the police procedural aspects that dominate a large part of the books.

Under what genre (or subgenre) do YOU classify the In Death series?

5 comments:

  1. I didn't get any done this month either - but on the bright side, we're almost caught up. I think I'm still in the midst of Promises, as well. It's not a favorite of mine.

    As for the genre? I'm not sure. I generally think crime but it's too general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually put: romantic suspense, mystery and futuristic LOL. Although I started taking out the "futuristic" label, because the In Death book was the one one. What is the definition of Crime Fiction?

    And well, no In Death book for me, since there wasn't a new one LOL. I need to find time to re-read the old ones though I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working on the audio of Naked in Death. It's a reread for me and my 1st audio. It's okay but I definitely prefer reading the print book myself. In fact, I've been half tempted to go back and do just that. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina.. We're getting there! I can't wait to be caught up!!!! I'm determined to do so in 2013.

    nath.. I still use futuristic too, but I think I'm getting rid of it. I want to streamline my tags in goodreads and here on my blog. I think crime fiction relates to books that involve a crime and the solving of that crime by authorities. Also often called a police procedural. I wish these genres were standardized .. it drives me crazy sometimes when I see SO MANY different labels for the same books on goodreads. I want to organize the whole damn website. LOL!

    samantha .. I'm not a huge fan of audio books because I don't really have a lot of opportunity to listen with headphones. But I love Naked in Death. I re-read it at least once a year or at least the personal parts of Eve and Roarke and Mavis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me these are police procedurals with strong romance elements.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]