Sunday, January 20, 2013

100 Books In A Year Reading Challenge



Host: Carolyn at Book Chick City 

Link: 100 Books In A Year Reading Challenge

Time Frame: January 1 - December 31, 2013

Challenge: Read 101 Books in 2013

I've slowly increased the number of books I read in a year over the last several years, but I think I've found my magic number to be around 100, so I'm sticking with this annual reading challenge hosted by Book Chick City, but making my goal 101 books just because. :D

 61 books read in 2008
 79 books read in 2009
 83 books read in 2010
100 books read in 2011
109 books read in 2012

Last year's tally of 109 books includes 8 online short stories that were so short that I felt guilty counting them towards my total. Therefore, in my mind, I really only read 101 books in 2012. I think this is a challenging number of books for me to read in a year, a total which includes a smattering of graphic novels and novellas as well as a few re-reads. So instead of challenging myself to out-do my numbers from last year, I'm going to stick to an annual goal of 101 books, which may or many not count any books I re-read during the year. I'll track my progress both here and on goodreads, where I've joined the 2013 Reading Challenge again this year.

Favorite reads are highlighted in PINK! 

1. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens [graphic novel adaptation]
2. A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen
3. Vanity Fare by Megan Caldwell
4. Surrender At Dawn by Laura Griffin
5. Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep
6. Thread of Death by Jennifer Estep

7. The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
8. The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
9. Bodywork by Marie Harte
10. Working Out by Marie Harte
11. Sins & Needles by Karina Halle 

12. By A Thread by Jennifer Estep
13. A Rogue By Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean
14. A Game For Swallows by Zeina Abirached
15. Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas
16. Metamorphosis [Franz Kafka] by Peter Kuper
17. The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan [RE-READ]
18. The Leopard Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
19. On Every Street by Karina Halle
20. Promises in Death by J.D. Robb

21. Mercy Thompson: Homecoming by Patricia Briggs
22. The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
23. Wild Invitation by Nalini Singh
24. French Milk by Lucy
25. Any Man of Mine by Rachel Gibson
26. MirrorMask by Neil Gaiman and David Mckean
27. Tales of Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan
28. Hearts of Darkness by Kira Brady [RE-READ]
29. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
30. The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn
31. Mr. Cavendish, I Presume by Julia Quinn
32. Spellbound by Nora Roberts

33. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
34. The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 by Sherrilyn Kenyon
35. The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 2 by Sherrilyn Kenyon
36. The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 3 by Sherrilyn Kenyon
37. Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey 
38. Hearts of Shadow by Kira Brady
39. Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie
40. Falling for Anthony by Meljean Brook [RE-READ]
41. Chicken with Plums by Marjane Satrapi
42. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

43. The Sigh by Marjane Satrapi
44.  Midsummer Nights Dream Graphic Novel [Shakespeare]
45. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
46. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
47. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
48. Persepolis: The Story of Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
49. For I Have Sinned by Darynda Jones
50. The Great Gastby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

51. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami
52. Persepolis: The Return by Marjane Satrapi
53. Flowers From the Storm by Laura Kinsale
54. A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki fiction
55. Demon Angel by Meljean Brook 

56. Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto
57. "Paradise" by Meljean Brook [RE-READ]
58. Demon Moon by Meljean Brook [RE-READ]
59. Demon Night by Meljean Brook [RE-READ]
60. To Die For by Linda Howard
61. "Thicker Than Blood" by Meljean Brook [RE-READ]
62. Dirty by Megan Hart 
63. Primates by Jim Ottaviani & Maris Wicks
64. Sins & Needles by Karina Halle [RE-READ]
65. Reason Enough by Megan Hart
66. Fahrenheit 451 The Authorized Adaptation by Time Hamilton

67. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
68. The Rose of Fire by Carlos Ruiz-Zafón
69. The Kite Runner Graphic Novel by Khaled Hosseini 
70. One Hundred Demons by Lynda Barry
71. The Girl Who Owned A City by O.T. Nelson
72. Amulet, Vol. 4: The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi [RE-READ]
73. Amulet, Vol. 5: Prince of Thieves by Kazu Kibuishi
74. At Home in Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller
75. The Last Unicorn Graphic Novel Adaptation by Peter S. Beagle
76. Demon Bound by Meljean Brook 
77. Demon Forged by Meljean Brook
78. "Blind Spot" by Meljean Brook

79. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
80. Beg For Mercy by Jami Alden
81. A Study in Scarlet: A Sherlock Holmes graphic novel
82. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
83. Relish by Lucy Knisley
84. Ghost World by Daniel Clowes
85. "Delilah Dirk and The Turkish Mark" by Tony Cliff

86. Baby's In Black by Arne Bellstorf
87. Coraline by P. Craig Russell and Neil Gaiman
88. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
89. The Shadow of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Záfron
90. Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant by Tony Cliff
91. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

92. Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
93. The Scandal Before Christmas by Elizabeth Essex
94. Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
95. It Happened Under the Mistletoe by Valerie Bowman
96. Wanderlust by Kitty French
97. Dark Celebration by Christine Feehan [RE-READ]
98. Dark Curse by Christine Feehan


I didn't make it! :(

1 comment:

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]